This teaching resource has been submitted by Toledo Museum of Art.
Arts, Literacy, Education
Pre-K / Early Years (Age 0-5)
ABC’s of Art is a series of early childhood workshops which provide early childhood educators with tools and teaching strategies to help preschool students pre-literacy development through art. The materials presented here are from a collaboration between Toledo Public Schools and the Toledo Museum of Art.
By the end of this activity, students will:
– be familiar with tier-two vocabulary including high-frequency sight words
– use a wide range of vocabulary to describe art works
– use expressive language and comprehension
– identify and describe shapes
– coordinate hands and fingers to manipulate objects
– express ideas and feeling through art
Construction Paper (Black, any size), Construction Paper – Primary Colors, Scissors, Glue or Glue Stick, White Colored Pencil, White Crayon
For more education resources like this, visit the Toledo Museum of Art’s School and Teacher Resources page.